Be Human Be Vegan
If you are, not normal, I ask you...Why are you not normal?
Those who need scientific facts to ditch meat:
- To begin with, human digestive tract is not suitable for meat. But you can still digest it? Wrong? You digest a small part of it. If you eat whatever cannot kill you rapidly, why not try eating your excretion? :)
- Meat is just dead corpse (which perhaps you enjoy...eww zombie!). Imagine the amount of bacteria, toxins present in this meat
- Meat has reduced amount of energy compared to vegetables. Carnivores eat herbivores. Herbivores get all energy from plants. This energy is decreased when digested. Now, a carnivore will get extremely low energy from the herbivore. Remember biology classes? Compare a lion to an elephant. Which of these can uproot a tree?
- Genesis 1:30 - And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food." And it was so.
- In AtharvaVeda (Hindu Sacred Text) I-6-70 meat eating has been put on par with vices like drinking and gambling.
- In Islam: Seest thou not that it is Allah Whose praise all beings in
the heavens and on earth do celebrate, and the birds (of the air) with
wings outspread? Each one knows its own (mode of) prayer and praise, and
Allah knows well all that they do. Sura 24:41
There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have We omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end. Sura 6:38
Each and every religion that exists preaches vegetarianism. Not even one of them tells you that you must eat meat.
For those that need Spiritual reasons to ditch meat:
- Not only is the killing of animals extremely and unnecessarily violent but these animals are commercially bred in appalling conditions. Many people would no doubt take up vegetarianism if they visited commercial slaughterhouses. God has given us such a wide variety of vegetables, fruits, roots, grains and seeds that it is not necessary to exploit and cause pain to animals. With a vegetarian diet violence and exploitation are minimized.
- For every action there is a reaction. This is the law of karma. Subsequently, if we cause pain and suffering to other living beings, we must endure pain and suffering in return.
- Meat blocks positive energy. You will not have enough life force (Reiki) to be in good health. The result will be you will start having illnesses. Your old age will be a lot of suffering.
- A society that has no compassion towards animals cannot progress. Look at America, Britain, China, Mauritius, practically all those that are fighting to progress. Not even one can succeed. See the violence, the corruption, the crimes, the economic position and judge for yourself.
Vegetables, herbs and fruits contain every nutrient the human body needs. We are natural plant eaters. The reason that you eat meat is probably because of your socialisation. I don't blame you. But I'll blame you if you continue to eat dead corpse. Now don't tell me you'll eat animals alive you fool!
Main source: The Self!